Thursday 26 June 2008

The birthday post

Ahh happy birthday to me.
And how else to celebrate than giving my first no-star rating to a film I saw yesterday.
The Happening: -/*****
That's right, not one star, not one single measly star. I've also decided that in the event of a no-star film being seen, I will review the experience in everything BUT the film. So, to summarise, I will be reviewing the cinema food, the queues, the seats and the view. Obviously in an ironic and hopefully humorous manner. Anyway, I'll save my review of this poorly-acted
shambles of a D-Movie until later.

I thought at it's my birthday, I'd go for a little self absorption and give a rundown of my top 10 favourite films ever.

10. Liar Liar ****+
9. Ace Ventura 2 ****+
8. Donnie Darko ****+
7. Superbad ****
6. Hot Fuzz ****+
5. Airplane ****
4. Anchorman ****
3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles ****+
2. Shaun Of The Dead *****
1. V For Vendetta *****

8/10 of those are comedies.
What can I say? I appreciate humour.

Update: 8th April.
Wow, reviewing films really does make you change fast. What was I thinking putting Anchorman and Superbad in my top 10?
share on: facebook

0 comments: