Saturday 13 June 2009

Musings - Episode 2

Musings: Episode 2

Sorry for the delay. I’d give you a proper reason but if I’m completely honest I just forgot.

Anyway, it’s that time of the year when awesome trailers for the Winter/Autumn start getting released. This episode’s awesomeness comes in the form of trailers for Guy Ritchie’s modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. Call me bias but Anything with Robert Downey Jr. is going to be f***king amazing. What REALLY looks good is the fact the trailer makes the film look pretty classy, dark AND funny in perfect measures. Who’s directing this again?
Watch The Trailer Here

Trailer number 2 is for The Time Traveler's Wife. Or, as it’s alternately titled: “This film will definitely make everyone cry.” I think we’re starting to see the awards contenders surfacing...
And That One Here

In other news, Moon is out and it looks incredibly incredible. I’ve got a real soft spot for crazy mind-bending sci-fi stuff and early hype promises my intrigue will be satisfied to no end. Also, It’s got Kevin Spacey. Boo-Yah.

A Lot of good news about, let’s counter that with the news UP ISN’T COMING OUT UNTIL OCTOBER. I know i moaned about this last time but I’m still annoyed and baffled. Anyone want to donate money for tickets to the states? I mean, what part of this release strategy ISN’T going to make everyone want to pirate it?

This time next week Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen is released. I’m 90% sure the characters and plot and other “stuff” is just written around all the cool robots and fighting. It’s why I love it more than words can say.

I bought The Wrestler on DVD. It’s everything I remember it being and more. It’s a shame most people will never A. Buy it and B. Even less likely - watch the “making of” which features some of the most fascinating stuff I’ve ever seen. That Darren Aronofsky is a real hard-to-please kind of guy. WHo would have thought Mickey Rourke could ever mumble in an unsatisfactory manner? He Practically invented the mumble!

My Films of the moment are:
The Wrestler
Terminator Salvation
The Hangover
The Truman Show
Uncle Buck


Think of the above list as a kind of “life key” If you’ve seen all 5 then you’re either me or my soulmate. 4-3 means you’re a pretty stand-up kinda person. 2 is acceptable but only if you’re hot. 1 or none of the above and your soul is in imminent danger of bursting out of your body.

And that concludes another episode. Tune in next time when I’ll be talking about other things related to the world of film that happen to pop into my head during the half-hour I write this in.
share on: facebook

0 comments: