Monday 29 September 2008

Mum Reviews: Modern Apatow

In our efforts to appeal to a wider demographic, we salute you, the middle aged!
Please enjoy my mother's own take on this production powerhouse.

Anchorman
"It was very silly, but I liked the message, and the newsteam. I thought it was funny"
Translation?: about 3 stars

Knocked Up
"I thought the main character was lovable and charming. the script was long but it was very funny, funnier than the news one."
Translation?: Let's say 4, yes, mum?

Pineapple Express
"Oh that looks awful, don't make me watch that"
I'm inclined to agree, have 2 stars.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
"It's not great. I just don't like the main character as much as I do the ones in Superbad and Knocked up. Russel Brand did well, didn't he?"
Translation?: It doesn't look good, 2 stars.

AND, against all odds, let's hear what she had to say about the least endearing SUPERBAD, the lewd teen film that's subject matter covers nothing but sex and alcohol from a male perspective...

Superbad
"Oh I LOVED Superbad (breaks into giggles) Do you still have that? I'd love to watch it again!"
You're weird, mum. 5 stars.

Not reviewed: Talledega Nights, Step Brothers.


share on: facebook

0 comments: