Wednesday 20 May 2009

NEW - Musings (Episode 1)


-I heroically staved off revision this week and once again accepted procrastination as my saviour. As a result, I managed to watch the whole of Season 4 of House within the last 4 days. A very brief check of my vital anatomy reveals me to be, indeed, male. However, the season finale “Wilson’s Heart” has won the honour of being the first EVER thing on TV to make me cry. It now joins The Wrestler, Planes, Trains and Automobiles and E.T. As the only fictional things to do so. Season 4 has the set-up of a new beginning. So if you’ve never seen House and can’t stomach 5 seasons of catching-up. I say start on 4, the best of the lot so far. It’s also the shortest of all the seasons thanks to the writer’s strike.

-Dear Harry Potter,
Just what the hell are you? What I expected to be the weakest of the Summer’s films (HP himself) has yielded an UNRELENTINGLY badass trailer. Kindly decide whether you want to be cheeky-kitsch or a fantasy epic. I will not stand for both so closely spliced in the future.

-I’ve heard from several sources today that Terminator: Salvation is an absolute dog. That’s my second surprise of the day (the first being the aforementioned awesomeness of the new Harry Potter trailer)

-I am in the midst of a cinema bonanza. I have/will have travelled to the church of film 3 times in 3 days by Friday. Expect reviews of Angels and Demons and, finally, Coraline.

-Muse's new album has a name! 3 years in the making, The Resistance will be out later this year.

-Who likes good films for a way cheap price and the company of me, Tom, for an evening? Everybody, that’s who. I will be attending a screening of Vicky Cristina Barcelona on the night of Monday, June 22 and EVERYBODY is invited.

If the above arguments weren’t enough to motivate you, Scarlett Johansson and Penélope Cruz make out in it. Seriously.

-My top films as of right now (subject to change on a daily basis) are:
Harvey (1950, James Stewart)
In Bruges (2008, Colin Farrell)
The Wrestler (2008, Mickey Rourke)
Ed Wood (1994, Johnny Depp)

-Those of you unlucky enough to live in the UK will be interested to know Pixar’s latest film, Up, due for release May 29th across the pond is expected to hit our shores not a week later, not 2 weeks later, not a MONTH later (which, for you non film geeks, is REALLY pushing it), but FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS LATER, October 16th. Whether this be due to 3D emerging as a prominent format remains to be understood.

Until next time.
share on: facebook

0 comments: